News

INDIA SAYS NO PAKITAN ON KARTARPUR OFFER

ISLAMABAD/NEW DELHI: The Indian media citing government sources on Saturday reported that New Delhi has rejected a proposal by Pakistan to reopen the Kartarpur Corridor on June 29, saying that cross-border travel had been temporarily suspended as part of measures to prevent and contain the spread of COVID-19.

While Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said on Saturday Pakistan will reopen the Kartarpur Corridor for all Sikh pilgrims on June 29. As places of worship open up across the world Pakistan prepares to reopen the Kartarpur Sahib Corridor for all Sikh pilgrims conveying to the Indian side our readiness to reopen the corridor on 29 June, 2020 the occasion of the death anniversary of Maharaja Ranjeet Singh, Qureshi tweeted. Pakistan has conveyed its readiness to the Indian side to reopen Kartarpur Corridor on June 29, on the occasion of the death anniversary of Maharaja Ranjeet Singh, with unofficial Indian ‘sources’ responding that this was too “short notice”.

“To ensure adherence to the health guidelines, Pakistan has invited India to work out necessary SOPs for reopening of the Corridor”, the Foreign Office announced Saturday.

 

Tags

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Close